Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Love in Apologies

We all have regrets, we all have hurt somebody. Our imperfect nature has led us to make some bad decisions that have been hurtful to others. Pride sometimes holds us back from making ammends. Sometimes we feel we were the ones that were wronged, but whatever the case may be, there is no greater step toward forgiveness than a heartfelt apology. 
It often takes some strength to muster up the words, "I'm sorry." Even if you were not at fault, an I am sorry can also mean, "I am sorry I let your words/actions hurt me. I see you with love, because I am blessed with love. I understand our imperfections, I forgive you."
Even when the other person does not forgive you, it is a wise decision to offer your apology to them. Releasing the weight of your hurtful actions is a great step toward showing love to others and yourself. You'll walk away feeling lighter and closer to God and your Angels by knowing you did something as humbling as saying a sincere "I'm sorry." That is one of the many faces of love. May you be blessed in white light and love.
Angel Blessing,
Rev. Frances

No comments:

Post a Comment